Touching Photos Show Deep Bond Between Orphaned Elephants And Their Caretakers
These beautiful photos display the remarkable bond between a herd of elephants and their wonderful caretakers.
The images, taken from the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Kenya, reveal the love among the group as the elephants are exploring their environment.
The caretakers do their best to imitate the elephants’ family structure which they lost when they were left orphaned.
This is essential for the elephants’ future survival and ability to reintegrate into wild populations when they are ready.
“It will be many years before these orphans will be independent of their Keepers, after all, they are still babies, needing their milk, guidance, teaching, and mentorship.
“Before they are ready to ‘fly the nest’ which usually occurs when orphans are around the age of ten,” said Executive Director of the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, Rob Brandford.
“In the meantime, they are positioned in a beautiful place where their days can be filled with important interactions with wild herds.”
In the photo below, you can see two orphans appreciating a sweet show of love among themselves.
“As sensitive and tactile creatures, elephants are very touchy-feely.”
“They use physical contact to communicate and bond with one another and you’ll often see them “chatting” by purposefully touching each other, using their trunk, tusks, tail, and even their entire body.”
Read more Elephant World category.
- The sunken Roman city now lies beneath the waves off of Italy
- A Three-Month-Old Elephant Was Extremely Weak And Hungry Saved After Being Discovered Alone
- Very Rare Mummies with Gold Tongues Discovered in Egyptian Temple
- This summer, a 2,000-year-old “thermopolium” fast-food restaurant in Pompeii will reopen to the public
- After Being Freed After 50 Years In Cap.tivity, A 73-Year-Old Elephant Began To Cry.
- Mysterious Tunnel Unearthed in the Legendary Capital of the Hittites
- Baby Elephant Trapped In A Well Is Rescued By Conservationists
- Steamy Fresco Discovered In Pompeii Bedroom Depicts The Seduction Of Queen Leda By A Swan
- Giant 180 million-year-old ‘sea dragon’ ғossιʟ found in UK reservoir
- 2,000-Year-Old Human Skeleton With hair Found In Pompeii
- A Woolly Mammoth in a Michigan Farmer’s Field
- Fossil footprints show humans in North America more than 21,000 years ago
- 2,000-year-old pregnant mummy discovery ‘shocked’ scientists
- Family Is Touched To See Their New Dog Visit The Same Special Place Every Morning
- Dying Dog Writes “Goodbye Letter” & Tears Began To Fall