That’s A Jumbo-Sized Piggyback! Cheeky Young Elephant Climbs On Top Of Its Friend While Playing Around
A playful young elephant clambers on top of its friend for a jumbo-sized piggyback in adorable pictures captured in Sri Lanka.
Snapping at Kalawewa National Park in central Sri Lanka, the calf was seen climbing onto its larger friend and flashing what looked like a cheeky smile.
Photographer Pathum Bandara said: ‘Baby elephants are very playful, and whilst I was observing a heard of over 200 elephants I spotted these two messing around.
‘The little elephant looked like he was trying to steal a free ride as he rested on another! He looks so mischievous as he looked in my direction.’
Mr Bandara, 34, added: ‘To get a shot that is so clean as this, looking straight at them, is why I’m honoured to have taken the picture.’
The incredible shot shows the baby elephant jump onto the back of his buddy for what the photographer called a ‘free ride’
The playful baby bull leaned on his stronger, weary-looking friend for as long as he could before finally being pushed off
The beautiful giant mammal even leans his trunk onto the exhausted-looking friend. The trunk goes way down his body
As the baby bull hoists himself onto the unlucky friend, it appears they don’t know what to do
Read more at Elephant World category.
- The sunken Roman city now lies beneath the waves off of Italy
- A Three-Month-Old Elephant Was Extremely Weak And Hungry Saved After Being Discovered Alone
- Very Rare Mummies with Gold Tongues Discovered in Egyptian Temple
- This summer, a 2,000-year-old “thermopolium” fast-food restaurant in Pompeii will reopen to the public
- After Being Freed After 50 Years In Cap.tivity, A 73-Year-Old Elephant Began To Cry.
- Mysterious Tunnel Unearthed in the Legendary Capital of the Hittites
- Baby Elephant Trapped In A Well Is Rescued By Conservationists
- Steamy Fresco Discovered In Pompeii Bedroom Depicts The Seduction Of Queen Leda By A Swan
- Giant 180 million-year-old ‘sea dragon’ ғossιʟ found in UK reservoir
- 2,000-Year-Old Human Skeleton With hair Found In Pompeii
- A Woolly Mammoth in a Michigan Farmer’s Field
- Fossil footprints show humans in North America more than 21,000 years ago
- 2,000-year-old pregnant mummy discovery ‘shocked’ scientists
- Family Is Touched To See Their New Dog Visit The Same Special Place Every Morning
- Dying Dog Writes “Goodbye Letter” & Tears Began To Fall