Elephant Playing With A Moving Tortoise In A Hilarious Footage
When there’s no football to hand, a tortoise will do just as well – or at least it will work for this elephant.
The beast was captured kicking a tortoise out of the way in anger as it crawled across a field in South Africa.
The shell-shocked tortoise is shown fleeing after being chased out by the elephant.
The tortoise was unable to avoid the elephant’s hooves because it couldn’t move out of the way fast enough, and the elephant continued to push it along with its feet.
Despite its use as a football by the enormous creature, it appeared to have escaped unharmed.
The humorous moment was caught on film by Anton Swanpoel, 48, while on holiday with his wife, Hantie, at Addo Elephant National Park in South Africa.
“We went to Spekboom hide and discovered two elephants at the waterhole, said Anton.
One was upset, while the other one was furious. The tortoise started running after being kicked aside by the elephant, and I’d never seen a tortoise run before.
But then, in the next moment, the tortoise was kicked once again by the elephant.
It was another amazing animal moment in Africa for me, and I nearly forgot I was holding a camera.
‘ I’ve never seen anything like this before and I doubt I’ll see it again.’ He added.
Read more at Elephant World category.
- Fossil footprints show humans in North America more than 21,000 years ago
- 2,000-year-old pregnant mummy discovery ‘shocked’ scientists
- Family Is Touched To See Their New Dog Visit The Same Special Place Every Morning
- Dying Dog Writes “Goodbye Letter” & Tears Began To Fall
- Archαeologιsts Dιscoνered A Mysterιous Skeleton. Then They Notιced Somethιng Very Strαnge
- A ᴍᴜᴍᴍʏ Found A Century Ago Has Been Identified As The Remains Of Pharaoh Queen Hatshepsut
- Mysterious Tunnel Unearthed in the Legendary Capital of the Hittites
- Quarry workers discovered a 10-foot-tall giant skeleton in Minnesota
- Archaeologists uncover statues of Aphrodite and Dionysus in Turkey
- 3,600-year-old pits full of giant hands was discovered in Egypt
- Elephant Carefully Climbs Over A 5-Foot Wall To Try To Steal Mangoes From A Tree At A Safari Lodge
- “Oldest Gold of Humankind” Found in Varna Necropolis Was Buried 6,500 Years Ago
- Touching Photos Show Deep Bond Between Orphaned Elephants And Their Caretakers
- Sick little elephant rejected by his herd, meets a dog that changes everything
- Abandoned Female Dog Walks On Her Front Paws For Help In Loneliness And Pain