Elephant Playing With A Moving Tortoise In A Hilarious Footage
When there’s no football to hand, a tortoise will do just as well – or at least it will work for this elephant.
The beast was captured kicking a tortoise out of the way in anger as it crawled across a field in South Africa.
The shell-shocked tortoise is shown fleeing after being chased out by the elephant.
The tortoise was unable to avoid the elephant’s hooves because it couldn’t move out of the way fast enough, and the elephant continued to push it along with its feet.
Despite its use as a football by the enormous creature, it appeared to have escaped unharmed.
The humorous moment was caught on film by Anton Swanpoel, 48, while on holiday with his wife, Hantie, at Addo Elephant National Park in South Africa.
“We went to Spekboom hide and discovered two elephants at the waterhole, said Anton.
One was upset, while the other one was furious. The tortoise started running after being kicked aside by the elephant, and I’d never seen a tortoise run before.
But then, in the next moment, the tortoise was kicked once again by the elephant.
It was another amazing animal moment in Africa for me, and I nearly forgot I was holding a camera.
‘ I’ve never seen anything like this before and I doubt I’ll see it again.’ He added.
Read more at Elephant World category.
- The sunken Roman city now lies beneath the waves off of Italy
- A Three-Month-Old Elephant Was Extremely Weak And Hungry Saved After Being Discovered Alone
- Very Rare Mummies with Gold Tongues Discovered in Egyptian Temple
- This summer, a 2,000-year-old “thermopolium” fast-food restaurant in Pompeii will reopen to the public
- After Being Freed After 50 Years In Cap.tivity, A 73-Year-Old Elephant Began To Cry.
- Mysterious Tunnel Unearthed in the Legendary Capital of the Hittites
- Baby Elephant Trapped In A Well Is Rescued By Conservationists
- Steamy Fresco Discovered In Pompeii Bedroom Depicts The Seduction Of Queen Leda By A Swan
- Giant 180 million-year-old ‘sea dragon’ ғossιʟ found in UK reservoir
- 2,000-Year-Old Human Skeleton With hair Found In Pompeii
- A Woolly Mammoth in a Michigan Farmer’s Field
- Fossil footprints show humans in North America more than 21,000 years ago
- 2,000-year-old pregnant mummy discovery ‘shocked’ scientists
- Family Is Touched To See Their New Dog Visit The Same Special Place Every Morning
- Dying Dog Writes “Goodbye Letter” & Tears Began To Fall