Dog Saved After Days Stranded On Side Of Cliff Can’t Stop Thanking Her Rescuers
A pet-dad feared the worst when his sweet pup Safira disappeared from their home.
The pup had seemingly vanished without a trace, and after several days of searching, her dad was growing desperate.
But then, on the third day, he was finally able to locate her after her hearing her bark for help.
Unfortunately, the ordeal was far from over.
Safira had fallen down a 200-foot-cliff about a mile from home and was stranded on a small, leaf-covered ledge about 80 feet down.
The ledge had saved the pup’s life, but now she was trapped on it with no way to get herself to safety.
Safira’s owner was deeply worried about her health and safety and didn’t know what to do.
Safira’d been stuck without food and water for three long days, and he had no way of getting down to the ledge and rescuing her.
Out of desperation, he called the fire department, though he worried they wouldn’t want to spend their manpower and resources on saving a dog.
But there was no need to worry: the Ituporanga Military Fire Department was more than willing to help save the life of an innocent dog and quickly sent a team of firefighters to the scene.
The rescue wasn’t easy. They had to rappel down the steep cliff to reach the scared pup, but once they’d gotten her to safety, there was no doubt that it had all been worth it.
Though weak from her ordeal, Safira couldn’t help but beam with joy and gratefulness and she eagerly covered her rescuers in kisses. It seemed like she’d never be able to stop kissing and thanking them.
In an interview, one of the rescuers, Luis Fernando, revealed that this wasn’t the first time they’d been asked to rescue a pup, and added: “It is always worth our time”.
Safira’s pet dad was extremely thankful to the fire department and is overjoyed to have his sweet little girl back.
She’s now safe, happy, and healthy, and will no doubt always love and remember the heroes who saved her life.
Read more at Dog Family category.
- An Elephant Who Is Blind Receives Assistance From A Buddy Who Leads Him To Food
- ‘Unusual’ Mammoth Fossil Discovered on California Island
- Giant sᴋᴜʟʟ Found in Alaska May Be Evidence of Elusive ‘King’ Polar Bear, Experts Say
- Elephant Playing With A Moving Tortoise In A Hilarious Footage
- The 9,000-year-old underground megalithic settlement of Atlit Yam
- Ancient Artwork Found Under 2,000-Year-Old Volcanic Ash
- Mystery Of Egyptian Tomb 10A And The Mummy’s Head – A 4,000-Year-Old Crime
- Making Copper Look Like Gold: 1,400-Year-Old Moche Graves ʀᴇvᴇᴀʟ Rich Artifacts of Ancient Elite
- ‘World’s Loneliest Elephant’ Who Has Been Kept In A Tiny Enclosure In Pakistan Zoo For 35 Years Will Finally Be Allowed To Leave After Campaign By Animal Welfare Activists
- Giant Human Skeleton unearthed in Varna, Bulgaria
- Archaeologists Find First Naturally Mummified Llamas Sacrificed By The Inca At Tambo Viejo, Peru
- Wild Buffalo Pull Troops To A.T.T.A.C.K Lions To Rescue Baby Elephants
- Rare ‘bionic’ armor discovered in 2,500-year-old China ʙᴜʀɪᴀʟ
- 1400-year-old artifacts discovered in the ancient city of Uzuncaburç (Diocaesarea)
- In East Africa, the ancient city of Colossus has been discovered, and it has the power to rewrite history