3,600-year-old pits full of giant hands was discovered in Egypt
Archaeologists made a discovery that looks like it is straight out of a horror film: over a dozen severed hands buried in, and around, an ancient palace in modern day Egypt. Two of the pits, located in front of the throne room, contain one hand each. And the other two holes, located outside the palace, contain the remaining 14.
The team of archaeologists discovered that all the bone fragments are dated about 3,600 years ago, suggesting that they all came from the same ceremony. All the hand appears to be unusually long or even larger than normal. They are classified into four different tombs inside what scientists believe to be the real Hyksos complex.
Austrian archaeologist, Manfred Bietak, is in charge of excavations of the ancient city of Avaris, explained to the newspaper Egyptian Archeology that the hand appears to support the stories found in ancient Egyptian art and writing, which is the first physical evidence of these soldiers cut off their enemy’s right hand for a reward in exchange for gold.
Besides cutting off an enemy’s hand as a symbolic means of eliminating the enemy’s forces, the meaning of this ritual will also be supernatural as this is performed in sacred places and temples as part of a ritual.
So far there is no evidence to what kind of person these hands belong to. Whether it is not yet possible to determine whether the hand belonged to the Hyksos or the Egyptians. When Bietak was asked to explain why he believes this ritual may have been performed, he said: “You deprive him of his power forever. Our finding is the first and only physical evidence. Each moat represents a different ceremony.”
Two pits each containing a hand are placed directly in front of the throne room. This parts of Egypt that were once controlled by an occupying force that most historians believe was a Canaanite, so there may be a connection to the invasion. On the other hand, may have been buried at the same time or later, found outside palace grounds.
These sacrifices are not surprising in a region facing a foreign invasion. Egyptian often called upon their gods to punish invading armies with plague, famine, or generals unfortunate. Maybe these sacrifices were part of a curse against the invaders army.
There is much more to be investigated, but many signs indicate that it is some kind of ritual for a god or deities. Don’t really know whose hands these belong to. But the unusually large hands indicate these people have been specially chosen, which is more characteristic of a sacrifice than slaying an invading army.
The fact that the two hands are buried separately may indicate that these offerings are aimed specifically at pleasing the gods, other than that it could go into theory Hyperborean civilization, where some ancient writings comment that this civilization extremely large, they came from Lemuria where that continent was submerged by the waters of the Indian Sea.
This discovery could reveal the true story of a giant-sized civilization where the discovery of these giant hands could shed light on ancient stories that, as discussed before, are just allegories or inventions of conspiracy theorists.
- The sunken Roman city now lies beneath the waves off of Italy
- A Three-Month-Old Elephant Was Extremely Weak And Hungry Saved After Being Discovered Alone
- Very Rare Mummies with Gold Tongues Discovered in Egyptian Temple
- This summer, a 2,000-year-old “thermopolium” fast-food restaurant in Pompeii will reopen to the public
- After Being Freed After 50 Years In Cap.tivity, A 73-Year-Old Elephant Began To Cry.
- Mysterious Tunnel Unearthed in the Legendary Capital of the Hittites
- Baby Elephant Trapped In A Well Is Rescued By Conservationists
- Steamy Fresco Discovered In Pompeii Bedroom Depicts The Seduction Of Queen Leda By A Swan
- Giant 180 million-year-old ‘sea dragon’ ғossιʟ found in UK reservoir
- 2,000-Year-Old Human Skeleton With hair Found In Pompeii
- A Woolly Mammoth in a Michigan Farmer’s Field
- Fossil footprints show humans in North America more than 21,000 years ago
- 2,000-year-old pregnant mummy discovery ‘shocked’ scientists
- Family Is Touched To See Their New Dog Visit The Same Special Place Every Morning
- Dying Dog Writes “Goodbye Letter” & Tears Began To Fall